Rules of Conduct for Students
|Doc No: SOP RCS
||Version No: 01
||Date of Issue: 07.07.2020
- Students shall possess the college identity card within the campus.
- Discipline shall be absolutely maintained inside the college campus and hostel.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited. Those indulging in ragging will be dismissed from the college and handed over to the police as per rules.
- 80 percentage of attendance is compulsory for the theory, clinical and practical classes.
- Students without adequate attendance or internal assessment marks shall not be permitted by MAHER (Deemed to be University) for University Examination.
- Students are required to complete the necessary quota of Practical work/exercises in the preclinical/Clinical Departments in stipulated time period, failing which they shall not be permitted by the MAHER (Deemed to be University) for University Examination.
- Indiscipline, misbehavior or gross insubordination, and any violation of college rules and regulations will lead to penalty, suspension or dismissal of the student from the college.
- Any derogatory action of misconduct by a student, outside the college campus that is likely to mar the reputation of the institution will be viewed seriously and liable for punishment according to the nature and seriousness of the offence.
- Students are expected to keep the college campus and hostel neat and clean.
- Writing on the walls, desks, and damaging the college property is prohibited and violation of which leads to penalty.
- Use of cell phones inside the college campus during the working hours is strictly prohibited. A fine of Rs. 500/- will be levied at the first instance, if it is repeated the cell phone will be confiscated.
- Strict dress code shall be maintained by the student inside the campus. Students should wear clean, neat and presentable clothing.
- Visiting students are also expected to observe the dress code.
- Students are advised to follow the stipulated dress code while attending the college for lectures/practical’s/ dissections / library/ labs and formal function of the institution.
- *** Dress Code for Boys: Formal trousers and collared shirt tucked in, black/brown shoes and socks, clean white coat with name tag. Hair must be groomed well with neatly shaven face. Long hair style will not be permitted for boys.
- *** Prohibited for Boys: T- shirts, jeans, caps, chapels/sports shoes, shorts, earrings, torn trousers touching the floor, ponytails.
- *** Dress Code for Girls: Formal wear like Salwar Kameez, Churidar, Saree with sleeved blouse, formal shirt and trousers, formal footwear, hair beyond shoulder length to be tied up. Clean white coat with name tag.
- *** Prohibited for Girls: Jeans, torn trousers touching the floor, skirts, shorts, spaghetti top/sleeveless tops/ t-shirts, bangles, flowers, anklets with bells, long nails with polish. Leggings may be worn with long Kurtis/tops. Leggings with short Kurtis/tops and tight revealing clothing to be avoided.
- Coat and name tag is compulsory for boys and girls especially during college working hours. Wearing the coat outside the campus is discouraged.
- Any damage or loss caused to the college property shall be recovered from the concerned student. The student shall be polite and courteous to the teaching and office staff and to the patients. They shall not use indecent language to fellow students or the staff.
- Smoking, alcohol or use of addictive substances is strictly prohibited inside the campus and in hostel.
- Profane language, racial, sexual and vulgar suggestions are strongly discouraged.