The Alumni Association/Chapter (registered and functional) has contributed significantly to the development of the Institution through financial and other support services during the last five years
Being connected with their Alma Mater reflects the sacred relation and fond memories one has with that institution. The alumni of MAHER share a long lasting bond with the institution as well as the faculty members. Reciprocating the same, MAHER has recognized alumni as an important stakeholder of the institution. In an attempt to channelize the activities and contributions of the Alumni to the institution, alumni associations were formed which are registered and are functioning vibrantly. This includes the MEENAKSHI MEDICAL COLLEGE HOSPITAL AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION for the graduates of MMCHRI which was registered on 13th November, 2017, MEENAKSHI AMMAL DENTAL COLLEGE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION for the graduates of MADC registered on 23rd June, 2017 and MAHER ALUMNI ASSOCIATION for the students graduating from other constituent colleges of MAHER which was registered on 12th July, 2021. These Alumni Associations contribute to the growth and development of MAHER by rendering various support systems which is listed below:
- Donating books to the Institution Library: Many graduating students of MAHER donate books to the institution library through their Alumni Association. This custom is a gesture to build the library facilities as well as help the current students. A total of 173 books have been donated so far by the alumni to the concerned college libraries which are housed in a separate section in the library.
- Other Donations: Alumnus from Meenakshi Medical College have donated Equipment like Fulcrum Tech Microderm ablation equipment and Fulcrum Tech Radiofrequency and Electrocautery. They had also donated LG Refrigerator and Microwave oven, Vacuum Cleaner and Haier Air conditioner to various departments in institution. Similarly, an alumnus of Arulmigu Meenakshi College of Nursing had donated 12 wall clocks to the institution.
- Placement Opportunities for fresh graduates: Many senior alumni of MAHER occupy offices of high posts in various institutions/Industries. They regularly pass on the information regarding various placement opportunities for the fresh graduates through the placement officer of the concerned institution.
- Career guidance program: Many alumni of MAHER have trodden a path that is least chosen and in the process have gained rich experience. They provide guidance to the current students of MAHER to enhance their career opportunities. Sessions on Cracking NEET exam, Method of preparation for competitive exams, Off-shore career opportunities and exploring newer career opportunities following graduation are regularly conducted with the support of the alumni association. Totally,10 programs have been organized so far by the Alumni Association along with institutional placement cell as Career Guidance Program.
- Reaching out to society: The alumni of Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute conduct free health camps regularly to the poor and needy as a part of the Annual Alumni Meet Program. The prescribed medications are also distributed as part of this program.
- Environmental protection initiatives: The alumni of Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and Research Institute regularly conducted sapling plantation program as a part of the annual Alumni meet program.
- Sponsoring Cultural and Sports Events: It is a tradition at MAHER for the Alumni association to support the Annual Intra College Cultural and Sports events by sponsoring the medals and trophies for these events.