To establish and develop Research Centers for Medical science and allied subject. In view of the above fact that the Trust had decided to establish Medical, Dental and Paramedical Colleges under its control to educate the rural, urban poor and deserving candidates for such education and to extend all such other facilities as are applicable for such institutions constituted by the Trust.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell
With the objective of implementation of Academic, Research, and Administrative policies of MAHER, their evaluation and assessment as well as quality up-gradation, it is proposed to create Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) at MAHER as a quality sustenance measures. Since the quality enhancement is a continuous process, IQAC will remain part of the university and will constantly work towards the realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The prime task of IQAC shall be to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the university. The IQAC will be a facilitative and participative voluntary system of the university and is aimed to become a vehicle for steering in quality enhancement by working out planned invention oriented strategies which removes the deficiencies and enhance quality.
IQAC at MAHER ensures quality work culture as the prime concern by internalizing all quality initiatives with internal as well as external support.
The primary objectives of IQAC at MAHER are:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the university.
- To promote measures for university functioning towards quality enhancement through Internalization of quality culture and implementation of best practices.
- The IQAC will annually submit Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to NAAC office.
- The IQAC will submit data at NIRF portal to participate in National Institute Ranking.
IQAC at MAHER shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- Relevant and quality academic/ research programmes.
- Equitable access and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other universities in India and abroad.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks for all constituent faculty.
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the university.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders.
- Organization of inter and intra university workshops/seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles in the university.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the University for Coordinating quality-related Activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of university database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining and enhancing the quality.
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
IQAC at MAHER will facilitate to followings:
- Ensure clarity and focus in university functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the university and synchronization of all good practices at constituent institutions/faculty.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve university functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the university.
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
- Prof. R.S. Neelakandan, Vice-Chancellor, MAHER, Chennai- Chairperson
- Prof. B. Sivapatha Sundaram, Pro-VC, MAHER, Chennai, IQAC -Coordinator
- Mr. S. Varadarajan, Member-BOM MAHER, Member-Management
- Dr. B. Srinivasan, Controller of Examinations, MAHER, Chennai, Member-administrative officer
- Dr. C. Krithika, Registrar, MAHER, Chennai, Member-Administrative officer
- Dr. N. Arunagirinathan, MAHER, Chennai (Academic Officer), Member-Administrative officer
- Dr. K. Revathi, Director Research, MAHER Chennai, Member-Administrative officer
- Dr. Urusula Sampson, Vice Principal & Head- Bio-chemistry, MMCHRI, Kanchipuram, Member -Teacher
- Dr. R. Muthulakshmi, Prof. & HOD of Physiology, MMCHRI, (Member-Teacher)
- Dr. K. Parimala, Prof. & HOD of Pharmacology, MMCHRI, (Member-Teacher)
- Dr. M. Ganesan, Dept of General Surgery, MMCHRI, (Member-Teacher)
- Dr. Jaideep Mahendra, Prof. & HOD of Periodontology, MADC, (Member-Teacher)
- Prof. K. Saraswathi, Dept of Oral Medicine, MADC, (Member-Teacher)
- Dr. S. Natarajan, HOD, General Medicine, MMCHRI, (Member-Teacher)
- Mrs. Fabiola M. Dhanaraj, Principal, AMCON, (Member-Teacher)
- Dr. K.V. Rajasekhar, Dean, MMCHRI, (Member-Teacher)
- Dr. N. Ambalavanan, Principal, MADC, (Member-Teacher)
- Dr. Velmurugan, Professor and HoD-Conservative Dentistry, MADC, Member-Teacher
- Dr. M.Thangavel, Vice-Principal and Professor, FAHS, Member-Teacher
- Dr. R.Ealangovan, Professor and Head-FYST, Member-Teacher
- Dr. K. Srinivasagalu, General Medicine, MMCHRI, (Member-Teacher)
- Mr. Vignesh, MMCHRI, Member-Alumni
- Dr. Manoj Prabhakar, Member-Alumni
- Mr. Mallik Mohd. Sabir, Member-Employer Nominee
- Mr. Vivekananda Potti, Member-Industrialist Nominee
- Mrs. Meenakshi, Member–Local Society/Stakeholder
- Prof. Sumathi, Dept of Microbiology, SMMCHRI, Member- Stakeholder
> IQAC Minutes of Meeting and Action Taken Report (2018-19)
> IQAC Minutes of Meeting and Action Taken Report (2017-18)
> IQAC Minutes of Meeting and Action Taken Report (2016-17)
> IQAC Minutes of Meeting and Action Taken Report (2015-16)
NEWS & INSIGHTS
Our Mission To impart quality education
We are committed to providing our customers with exceptional service while offering our employees the best training and a working environment in which they can excel.
This company focus has been in place for more than a half century.
Research Publication Details
MAHER is an internationally recognized research centre with an ambient environment inspiring...
Our Leadership & Our People
The Meenakshi Ammal Trust was founded in the year 1983, as a public charitable educational trust by late
The MAHER receives recognition for our academic achievements by external, independent, non-biased reviews.
Over half of the fortune 100. No enterprise challenge is too big or complicated for us.