Rules of Conduct for Faculty Members
|Doc No: SOP RCF
||Version No: 01
||Date of Issue: 01.06.2020
- Faculty are expected to adhere to the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and shall conduct himself/herself with absolute dignity and decorum in his/her dealing with the superiors, colleagues and students.
- Faculty demonstrate respect for students as individuals and adhere to their roles as intellectual guides, teachers and counsellors. They shall make reasonable effort to maintain honest academic conduct and to assure that their evaluations of students only reflect their true merit.
- Faculty shall report to duty at proper college time and should wear the college identity card within the campus.
- Biometric/manual attendance on arrival and departure is mandatory.
- Faculty shall attend to their respective classes/clinics/laboratories on time.
- Faculty are expected to get prior permission from their respective authorities before taking leave.
- Leave form shall be submitted to the office after getting signature from the concerned authorities. In case of emergency, their absence shall be intimated to the concerned authorities by voice call or text message. However proper leave form shall be submitted when they re-join the duty
- Physical absence from the college campus during working hours, without proper reason or permission is not allowed.
- Classes shall not be left unattended in their absence. In case of any emergency, a substitute should be arranged to fill in the responsibility and should be intimated to the respective head of the department.
- Patients examined and their case sheets written by the student shall be overseen by the staff member before signature.
- Faculty shall ensure that the patients are not made to wait unnecessarily for a long time and the concern of the patient is adequately addressed to.
- Faculty shall abstain from using cell phones in the outpatient clinics, class rooms and laboratories
- • Faculty shall stick to proper dress code inside the campus.
- ***Dress code for male staff: Formal trousers and collared shirt tucked in, black/brown shoes and socks with clean white coat. Hair must be well groomed with neatly shaven face.
- ***Dress Code for Female staff:Formal wears like Saree with sleeved blouse, Salwar Kameez, Churidar, Leggings with long kurta/tops, Formal shirt with trousers, Formal footwear with clean white coat. Hair beyond shoulder to be tied up.
- Safety and health rules shall not be violated.
- Unauthorised/Personal usage of college property, facilities, or resources is not entertained.
- Theft or inappropriate removal of or possession of college property or material is not entertained and is punishable by the rules of the University.
- Negligence or improper conduct leading to damage of college, student, or co-employee owned property should be avoided.
- Fighting, threatening, violence, or causing harm to others in the workplace is totally prohibited.
- Sexual or other unlawful harassment or discrimination against students or other staff members is strictly prohibited and is punishable.
- Working under the influence of alcohol or intoxicating substances is strictly prohibited inside the college campus and the university/college has the right to take strict action against such offenders.
- Possession, distribution, sale, transfer, or consumption of alcohol or other intoxicating substances in the college campus, or while operating from other places on duty is prohibited.
- Any derogatory action of misconduct by the faculty, in public places that is likely to mar the reputation of the institution will be viewed seriously and liable for disciplinary action.
- Smoking inside the campus is prohibited.
- Unauthorized disclosure of confidential information is not entertained.
- Members of the staff are advised to follow proper vehicle parking rules.
- Untoward incidents happening between the students inside the campus should be brought to the notice of the higher authorities.
- Faculty shall not accept, or permit any member of his family or any person acting on his behalf to accept, any gift from the students, patients or vendors of the institutions.
- Faculty shall not participate in any strike or demonstration and /or indulge in any criticism of MAHER (Deemed to be University)/college policy for any reason whatsoever.
- Faculty shall not provoke or instigate any students, colleagues or any other member of the staff to act against MAHER (Deemed to be University)/college that is liable to disrupt the academic activities of the College and hospital.
- Furnishing false information regarding previous employment, marks, qualifications etc. is considered as an offence and may lead to serious action by the authorities concerned.