MAHER Graduates possess an in-depth knowledge and skill in their discipline.
- Possess contemporary knowledge and competence.
- Academic Curiosity to further build up on the core knowledge, for the future.
- Evidence based problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical abilities rooted on progressive and creative thinking.
MAHER Graduates maintain professional etiquette.
- Carry themselves in a disciplined, punctual and dignified manner.
- Intact moral compass and values.
- Possess superior communication skills.
- Good collaborators and team players.
- Thoughtful, honest and kind.
MAHER Graduates are socially aware.
- Recognize their civic responsibilities.
- Demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Adopt practical and indigenous solutions for societal problems.
- Promote communal harmony and peace.
MAHER Graduates are technically adept.
- Utilize their digital skills in practice.
- Use technology-based tools for problem solving.
- Adept at Social media marketing.
- Overall digital empowerment.
Attributes of the Undergraduates
The undergraduate medical education program is designed with a purpose to create an “Indian Medical Graduate" (IMG) possessing requisite knowledge, skills, attitude, values and responsiveness, so that he or she may function appropriately and effectively as a physician of first contact of the community while being globally relevant (MCI-Indian Medical Graduate Goals).
In order to accomplish this goal the IMG from MMCH&RI affiliated to MAHER (Deemed to be University) is competent in the following roles.
- As a healthcare provider, he will be competent to integrate multiple components of knowledge, skills, Attitude, Values and also responsiveness to practice with utmost compassion and following the expected ethics.
- The Medical Graduate from MMCH&RI, will have the abilities to handle preventive, curative and palliative aspects of common diseases and under the guidance of experts any patient who he /she is responsible for.
Leader and Team Member
- Medical graduate of MMCH&RI possess and will demonstrate the ability as a leader of a team as well a member in a team to deliver health care with capabilities to collect, analyse, synthesize and communicate health data appropriately, covering the physical, mental, social and financial aspects as well to abide by the National policies and Statutory regulations.
- The key attribute of communication skill is expressed in the ability of the graduate in the effective and efficient dissemination of information, health status of patients in the analytical and problem-solving capabilities in daily duties as heath care provider to patients, families, peers, team, authorities and community.
Long life learner
- Medical graduate of MMCH&RI will practice his ability to constant clinical enquiry. participation an knowledge sharing, Involvement in active learning by collection and contribution to Evidence based medicine and a lifelong learner.
- He/ She will handle a clinical problem in the context of analysis, search for scientific evidence and reasoning, peer discussion for updates, and the need to quality research.
- The Medical graduates will practice and express all components of professionalism in every aspect of his daily health care delivery and the commitment to excellence.
- Holistic healthcare or total patient care is the basic principle followed by medical graduates of MMCH&RI, that considers the physical, emotional, social, economic and spiritual needs of the person.
- He/ She has the ability to take initiatives in innovations related to healthcare needs of the community and has the skills to translate to entrepreneurship skills to make it feasible and possible in establishing and running an ethical, comprehensive, viable, heath care models that caters to diverse communities at all levels of health care. Finally The Medical Graduate is competent in all aspects to challenge as health care provider on par with Global standards.
GRADUATE ATTRIBUTES IN THE DISCIPLINE OF DENTISTRY
All Dental Graduates of Meenakshi Ammal Dental College has excellent theoretical knowledge and practical skill in all the subjects which help them to provide and follow a high standard treatment protocols and innovative and safe methods in treating the patients. They recognize the role and responsibilities of dental practitioners in private setup, working in the community and also knows the importance of group practice. Dental graduates are trained in such a way they follow all the ethical principles in their patient practioners interaction. The importance of Research has been cultivated before completing their graduation. They attain their leadership quality by conducting various programmes and taking part in various academic, cultural and cocurricular activities in and outside the institute. Positive attitude inoculated during their study period in this institution can be identified by their calibre and because of which they outshine their contemporaries in their field.
The Faculty of Nursing is compliant with the Indian Nursing Council of India.
All the graduates are competent and demonstrate their knowledge and skills in giving holistic care. They are ethically minded, culturally aware professionals with critical and creative thinking skills. Added to that, they are independent, research problem solver, a flexible team lender, potential leader, and an effective communicator. Finally, the graduates demonstrate featuring as a socially responsible selfless citizen.
The Faculty of Physiotherapy, a constituent college of Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education and Research is a pioneer in training the enrolled students with graduate attributes in academic knowledge, clinical skills, professional ethics and attitude.
Students admitted to the Physiotherapy programs are taught and trained in the skills and abilities required of an entry-practice physiotherapist.
Students would have developed the cognitive abilities to understand and correlate the theoretical knowledge and technical expertise so handle their clients, and actively involved in an inter-disciplinary team.
Student must be able to implement sound clinical and professional judgment and demonstrate responsible decision making to become graduates in par with professional codes of ethics and standards of practice.
Develop the ability of creative problem-solving skills and be able to manage multiple potentially competing demands.
Graduates of the Physiotherapy program will possess an interest in human movement, health and a desire to assist individuals to maximize their mobility and independent functional activities of daily living.
Graduates will consistently demonstrate sensitivity. compassion, integrity, and concern for clients, families and other members of the health care team.
They will develop the inner character of being respectful of individuality and diversity, build trusting relationships, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to engage and motivate patients and families for their wellbeing.
Students will be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with clients, families and member of the health care team. Students must be able to summarize a client's condition, assessment and intervention plan verbally and in text to comply with regulatory and documentation standards and understand the sentiments of the family with all sensitivity.
Students will develop and demonstrate professional ethics and follow the principles of ethics in maintaining the confidentiality of clients, integrity, professional competence and behaviour.
Psychomotor/ Physical skills
Students will be able to demonstrate safe motor assessment and use aids (goniometer, knee hammer) and able to teach therapeutic exercises by demonstration and instructions. Students will be able to demonstrate motor movements in situations that require positioning patients in bed, balance, gait or transfer training, mobilization techniques including hands-on techniques and therapeutic exercise.
The Bachelor of Occupational Therapy at MAHER is designed in par with the global Standards of the profession At MAHER the students are trained and developed in academic professional. entrepreneurial. social and cultural values to make them a better professional.
The graduate attributes of the Faculty of Occupational Therapy, MAHER reflect both disciplinary knowledge and understanding, generic skills. including global competencies. That our graduates demonstrate are as follows,
Occupational Therapy Knowledge: Able to demonstrate comprehensive subject knowledge and capabilities.
Professionalism: An understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the professional Occupational Therapist in society. especially the primary role of protection of the public and the public interest
Critical Thinking: Critically evaluate and assess the practices. policies, and theories.
Problem Solving: Ability to use the professional knowledge to find solutions for professional and personal problems arising in the society or work place.
Communication Skill: Ability to express thoughts and ideas effectively. the ability to listen carefully, read and write analytically. and present complex information in a clear and concise manner to different groups.
Research Skill: Ability so formulate research question and write comprehensive research.
Team Player: Ability to be a cooperative and contributing member of a team and progress as a team.
Digital/Technological Skill: Possess knowledge and skill to understand and use the digital and recent technology for the betterment of self and the profession.
Being a Lender: Motivate and inspire team members to give their best, using management skills to guide people in right direction in an efficient and smooth manner
High on Moral and Ethical Values: Accept and embrace the ethical and moral values of the profession and the community for the greater good. Conduct oneself in the righteous path of moral and ethical values at all times.
Learner: Ability to participate in updating professional skills and personal skills at any time in life. Be ready and open to learn from the others at all times.
Economics and Project Management: An ability to appropriately incorporate economics and business practices including project, risk, and change management into the practice of occupational Therapy and to understand their limitations.
Cultural Sensitivity: Capable of valuing his/her own cultural values and embracing the others cultures as well. Being sensitive and accommodative to other fellow human beings.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES OF MAHER-FHS
The leaning outcomes-based curriculum framework is based on the premise that every student and graduate is unique. The quality, depth and breadth of the learning experiences made available to the students while at the higher education institutions help develop their characteristic attributes. The graduate attributes reflect both disciplinary knowledge and understanding, generic skills, including global competencies, that all the student in different academic fields of study should acquire /attain and demonstrate.
THE OVERAL OBJECTIVES OF THE LEARNING OUTCOMES-BASED CURRICLLUM FRAMEWORK ARE TO:
- Help to formulate graduate attributes, qualification descriptors, programme learning outcomes and course learning outcomes that are expected to be demonstrated by the holder of a qualification;
- To Maintain national standards and international comparability of learning outcomes and academic standards to ensure global competitiveness, and to facilitate
Student/ graduate mobility; and
- To Provide higher education institutions an important point of reference for designing
- teaching-learning strategies, assessing student learning levels, and periodic review of programmes and academic standards.
The graduate attributes reflect the particular quality and feature or characteristics of an individual, including the knowledge, skills, attuites and values that are expected to be acquired by a graduate through studies at the MEENAKSHI ACADEMY OF HIGHER EDUCATION AND RESEARCH (MAHER-FHS) The graduate attributes define & describe the characteristics and competencies of a student’s university degree programme. Graduate attributes are fostered through meaningful learning experiences made available through the curriculum, institute experiences the process of critical and reflective thinking.
THE CHARACTERISTIC ATTRIBUTES THAT A GRADUATE SHOLLD DEMONSTRATE AREAS FOLLOWS:
- Disciplinary knowledge: Capable of demonstrating comprehensive knowledge & understanding of one or more disciplines that form a part of an undergraduate programme of study.
- Communication Skills: Ability to express thoughts and ideas effectively in writing and orally; communicate with others using appropriate media.
- Critical thinking: Capability to apply analytic thought to a body of knowledge;
- Problem solving: Capacity to extrapolate from what one has learned and apply their competencies to solve different kinds of non-familiar problems, rather than replicate curriculum content knowledge; and apply one’s learning to real life situations.
- Analytical reasoning: Ability to evaluate the reliability and relevance of evidence;
- Research-related skills: Ability to recognize cause-and-effect relationships, define problems, formulated hypotheses, test hypotheses, analyse, interpret and draw conclusions from data, establish hypotheses, predict cause-and effect relationship, ability to plan, execute and report the results of an experiment or investigation.
- Cooperation/Team work: Ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse teams; facilitate cooperative or coordinated effort on the part of a group, and act together as a group or a team in de interest of a common cause and work efficiently as a member of a team.
- Information/digital literacy: Capability to use ICT in a variety of learning situations, demonstrate ability to access, evaluate, and use a variety of relevant information sources; and use appropriate software for analysis of data.
- Moral and ethical awareness/reasoning: Capable of demonstrating the ability to identify ethical issues related to work
- Lifelong learning: Ability to acquire knowledge and skills, including, learning how to lean", that are necessary for participating in learning activities through self- paced and self - directed learning aimed at personal development, meeting economic, social and cultural objectives, and adapting to changing trades and demands of work place through knowledge/skill development.
Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education and Research: Faculty of Allied Health Science Graduate attributes are
- Discipline specific knowledge and skills
- Possess in depth knowledge and skills in prevention, investigation and Caring patients under the directions of a medical professionals.
- Acquire skills to work in a highly and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate problem solving and organizational skills.
- Independent professionals and s lifelong learner
- Advocates effective communication skills
- Demonstrate inter professional and leadership skills in delivering contemporary health care needs of the community
- Demonstrates and co-operates within agreed frame works
- Collaborated and co-operates within agreed frameworks
- Mutually respect for others
- Socially responsible
- Able to apply equity values.
- Has a sense social responsibility sustainability.
- Sensitivity to other people cultures and the environment.
- Possess entrepreneurship skills.
- Technologically updated
- Demonstrate skilful use of technology.
- Integrates digital technology for lifelong learning.
- Proficiency in digital networking.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES OF MAHER-FYST
The learning outcomes-based curriculum framework is based on the needs and values that every student is unique. The quality, depth and breadth of the learning experiences made available to the students. The graduate attributes develop their characteristic attributes also. The graduate attributes reflect both knowledge and understanding, generic skills, electives including global competencies that all the students in different academic fields of study should acquire/attain and demonstrate in yoga.
THE OVERALL OBJECTIVES OF THE LEARNING OUTCOMES BASED CURRICULUM FRAMEWORK ARE TO:
- Help to formulate graduate attributes, qualification descriptors, programme learning outcomes and course learning outcomes that are expected to be demonstrated duly.
- To maintain national standards and international comparability of learning outcomes and academic standards to ensure global competitiveness and to facilitate student/graduate mobility, and
- To provide higher skills an important point of reference for designing teaching learning strategies, assessing students learning levels, and periodic review of programmes and academic standards in yoga.
The graduate attributes reflect the particular quality and feature or characteristics of an individual, including the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values that are expected to be acquired by a graduate through studies at the FACULTY OF YOGA SCIENCE AND THERAPY. The graduate attributes define and describe the characteristics and competencies of students P.G and U.G degree programmes. Graduate attributes are fostered through meaningful learning experiences made through meaningful learning experiences made available through curriculum, institute experience the process of critical and reflective thinking in yoga.
THE CHARACTERISTIC ATTRIBUTE THAT A GRAUATE SHOULD DEMONONSTRATE AREAS FOLLOWS:
Disciplinary Knowledge: Capable of understanding the concepts and to relate the concept to the larger body of knowledge that forma part of an undergraduate programme of study.
Communication skills: Ability to express thoughts and ideas effectively in writing and orally; communicate with others through appropriate media through soft skills.
Critical Thinking: Capability to apply analytical thought to a body of knowledge Problem Solving: capable to extrapolate from what one has learned and apply the competencies to solve different kinds of non-familiar problems, rather than replicate curriculum content knowledge; and apply one's learning to real life situation.
Analytical Reasoning: Ability to evaluate the reliability and relevance of evidence Research Related Skills: ability to recognize cause-and-effect relations, define problems, formulate hypothesis, test hypothesis, analyse, interpret and draw conclusions from data, establish hypothesis, predict cause and effect relationships, ability to plan, execute and report the results of an experiment or investigation.
Cooperation/team work: Ability to work effectively and respectfully with diverse teams; facilitate cooperative and coordinated effort on the part of the group, and act of together as a team or group in the interest of a common cause and work efficiently as a member of team.
Information/Digital Literacy: Capability to use ICT in a variety of situations, demonstrate ability to access, evaluate and use a variety of relevant information sources; and use appropriate software for analysis of data in the field of yoga.
Moral and Ethical awareness/reasoning: Capable of the ability to identify the ethical related issues related to work.
Lifelong Learning: Ability to acquire knowledge and skills, including "learning how to learn" that are necessary for participating in learning activities throughout life, through self-paced and self-directed learning aimed at personal development, meeting economic, social and cultural objectives, and adapting to changing trades and demands of work place through knowledge/skill development in yoga.